This topic is under construction for the 17.3 release of LabKey Server. For current documentation of this feature, click here.
Site Groups allow site admins to define and edit site-wide groups of users. Site groups have no default permissions but are visible to every project and may be assigned project-level permissions as a group.
The server has built-in site groups described here: Global Groups
Create a Site Group
View current site groups by selecting (Admin) > Site > Site Groups
To create a new group, enter the name, then click Create New Group
. You may add users or groups and define permissions now, or manage the group later. Click Done
to create your group.
Manage Site Groups
Users can be added and deleted from a group by clicking on the group name to view a pop-up dialog box.
- Add a single user or group using the pulldown menu.
- Remove a user from the group by clicking Remove.
- View an individual's permissions via the Permissions button next to his/her email address.
- Manage permissions for the group as a whole by clicking the Permissions > link at the top of the dialog box.
- Click Manage Groups > to add or remove users in bulk as well as send a customized notification message to newly added users.
Grant Project-Level Permissions to a Site Group
To grant project-level permissions to Site Groups (including the built-in groups Guests
and Site Users
), select (Admin) > Folder > Permissions
from the project or folder. Site groups will be listed among those eligible for assignment to each role.