LabKey Server is an open-source project created and enhanced by many developers from a variety of institutions throughout the world. We welcome and encourage any contributions to the project. Contributions must be well-written, thoroughly tested, and in keeping with the coding practices used throughout the code base.All contributions must be covered by the Apache 2.0 License.
To make a contribution, follow these steps:
- Make sure that you are not submitting Confidential Data.
- Make sure that your contribution follows LabKey design and naming guidelines:
- Post your request to contribute to the developer community forum. If your request is accepted, we will assign a committer to work with you to deliver your contribution.
- Update your SVN enlistment to the most recent revision. Related documentation: Set Up a Development Machine.
- Test your contribution thoroughly, and make sure you pass the Developer Regression Test (DRT). See Check in to the Source Project for more details about running and passing the DRT.
- Create a patch file for your contribution and review the file to make sure the patch is complete and accurate.
- Using TortoiseSVN, left click a folder and select Create Patch...
- Using command line SVN, execute a command such as: svn diff > patch.txt
- Send the patch file to the committer. The committer will review the patch, apply the patch to a local enlistment, run the DRT, and (assuming all goes well) commit your changes to the Subversion repository.