Each 'term' of a term of use document can be defined separately, enabling you to create a modular document structure one paragraph at a time. Some paragraphs might common to all users and some specific only to a single role and PHI level.
First confirm that both the Compliance
modules are present on your server and enabled in your container. Check this on the (Admin) > Folder > Management > Folder Type
- Go to Admin > Folder > Management and click the Compliance tab.
- Or select Import Bulk Data to enter multiple terms using an Excel spreadsheet or similar tabular file.
- RESEARCH_WAIVER - For a researcher with a waiver of HIPAA Authorization/Consent.
- RESEARCH_INFORMED - For a researcher with HIPAA Authorization/Consent.
- RESEARCH_OPS - For a researcher performing 'operational' activities in the data portal, that is, activities related to maintenance and testing of the data portal itself, but not direct research into the data.
- HEALTHCARE_OPS - For non-research operations activities, such as administrative and business-related activities.
- QI - For a user performing Quality Improvement/Quality Control of the data portal.
- PH - For a user performing Public Health Reporting tasks.
- IRB: The Internal Review Board number under which the user is entering the data environment. Terms with an IRB number set will only be shown for that IRB number.
- PHI: If a checkmark is added, this term will be shown only if the user is viewing PHI. To have this term appear regardless of the activity/role or IRB number, leave this unchecked.
- Sort Order: If multiple terms are defined for the same container, activity, IRB, and PHI level, they will be displayed based on the Sort Order number defined here.
And assume that a user makes the following assertions before logging in.