Create A New Sample Set
Before you create a new sample set, consider how you will provide unique ids for each sample. For options, see Samples: Unique IDs
Decide also where you want the sample set to be available. If you define it in a given folder, it will be available only in that folder. Defined in a project, you will be able to add samples to it from the project itself and all subfolders of that project. If you define it in the Shared project
, it will be available site-wide.
- Use Page Admin Mode to add a Sample Sets web part if you don't already have one.
- In the Sample Sets web part, click (Create New Sample Set).
- Name: This is the name for the overall sample set. (Not to be confused with the Name column in a sample set, which has special meaning to the server. For details see Samples: Unique IDs.)
- Name Expression: Provide a tokenized string that will uniquely identify the samples in the set. If you do not provide a name expression here, the sample set data will need to have a "Name" column that uniquely identifies the rows. Learn more about the options in this topic.
- Click Create.
- On the next page, you will add fields you need in addition to these automatically included fields (which you cannot change):
- Name - Text (String) - (Required)
- Description - Text (String)
- Flag - Text (String)
- Click Add Field to add additional fields you need.
- You can also use Infer Fields From File to upload fields from a spreadsheet.
- Click Save when finished.
You will now see your sample set listed in the Sample Sets
Add an Individual Sample to an Existing Sample Set
- When viewing an individual sample set, select (Insert Data) > Insert New Row from the grid menu.
- Enter the properties of the new sample.
- Click Submit.
Add More Samples to an Existing Sample Set
- In the Sample Sets web part, click the name of the sample set.
- Click Import More Samples (or use (Insert Data) > Import Bulk Data to reach the same input page).
On the Import Data
- Click Download Template to download a template showing all the necessary columns for your sample set.
- You have two upload options:
- Either Copy/Paste data into the Data box shown by default, and select the appropriate Format: (TSV or CSV). The first row should contain column names.
- Click Upload file (.xlsx, .xls, .csv, .txt) to open the file selection panel, browse to your spreadsheet and open it.
- For either option select the desired Import Option:
- Insert: Insert only new samples; ignore samples already in the set.
- Insert and Update: Insert new and update existing samples.
- For either option, choose whether to Import Lookups by Alternate Key.
Import Using the API