This topic is under construction for the July 2020 release of LabKey Server.
View Query Dependencies
Query dependencies are traced and noted in the schema browser in a Dependency Report
, below the lists of columns and indices. Particularly for user defined queries derived from built in queries and tables it can be helpful to track the sources and dependents when you make any query changes. Shown below, the "Physical Exam + AverageTemp" query depends on both the table "Physical Exam" and the other query "AverageTempPerParticipant". Notice the different icon indicators. In turn, this query was used to base another query "Physical Exam + TempDelta" shown under Dependents.
If there are no dependencies for the query, this section will not be shown.
Trace Cross-Folder Query Dependencies
- Select (Admin) > Go To Module > Query.
- Click Cross Folder Dependencies.
- Select the scope of the analysis:
- Site Level: Perform analysis across all folders and projects on the server.
- Current Project Level: Perform analysis within the current project and all subfolders of it.
When the analysis is complete, click OK
in the popup.
The results of the analysis will… tbd.