You can copy all lists in a folder to another folder or another server using export and import. Export packages up all your lists into a list archive: a .lists.zip file that conforms to the LabKey list export format. The process is similar to study export/import/reload
. Information on the list serialization format is covered as part of Study Import/Export Files and Formats
To export all the lists in a folder to a list archive:
- In the folder that contains lists of interest, go to the Lists web part and click Manage Lists.
- Select Export List Archive.
- All lists in the current folder are exported into a zip archive.
To import a list archive:
- In the folder where you would like to import the list archive, go to the Lists web part and select Manage Lists.
- Select Import List Archive.
- Browse to the .zip file that contains your list archive and select it.
- Click Import List Archive.
- The imported lists will then be displayed in the Lists web part.
Note: Existing lists will be replaced by lists in the archive with the same name; this could result in data loss and cannot be undone.
Auto-Increment Key Considerations
Exporting a list with an auto-increment key may result in different key values on import. If you have lookup lists make sure they use an integer or string key instead of an auto-increment key.
The List Tutorial
uses a list archive preconfigured to connect several lists with lookups between them. A walkthrough of the steps involved in creating that archive from independent lists is covered in Connect Lists