Once assay data has been imported, it may become necessary to reimport one or more runs. For instance, an import property may have been incorrectly entered, or a transformation script may have added new calculations which the user would like to run against previously entered data. You cannot simply import the same data file again - previously imported files are remembered by the server to prevent duplicate data - and attempting to import a file again will raise an error.
The reimport process for runs varies by type of instrument data. The general process for a typical assay is outlined below. Documentation for other reimport methods is available for the following assays:
- Neutralizing Antibody (NAb) Assays - See details below.
- Luminex Reimport - When exclusions have been applied, reimporting Luminex runs offers the option to retain the exclusions. A walkthrough of this process is included in the Luminex tutorial. See Reimport Luminex Runs for more information.
- Some assay types, including ELISA, ELISpot, and FluoroSpot do not offer a reimport option. If the reimport link or button is not available, the only way to reimport a run is to delete it and import it again from the original source file.
Reimport Assay Data
To reimport a run:
- Navigate to the Runs view of the assay data.
- Select the run to reimport using a checkbox on the left. In this example, an incorrect "AssayId" value was entered for a run in the general assay tutorial.
- Click Reimport Run. Note that the reimport link will only be active when a single run is checked.
- The import process will be run again, often providing the previously entered import properties as defaults. Change properties as needed, click Next to advance import screens.
- The Run Data section offers options on reimport:
- Click Show Expected Data Fields to display them for reference.
- Click Download Spreadsheet Template to download the expected format.
- Choose one of the upload options:
- Paste new data into the text area.
- Select Use the data file(s) already uploaded to the server. When you select this option, the name of the file will be shown.
- Check Upload a data file to upload and use a new data file. Note: If you select the same file (or any file with the same name as a file already imported) a warning message will tell you that the file you upload will be renamed with a "-1." before the extension (or higher incremented number). The server stores the names of files associated with runs and these names must be unique. To avoid this automated incremented renaming, you can rename the file on your file system and choose the new file before proceeding.
- Click Save and Finish.
The reimported run has a new rowID and is no longer part of any batch the original run belonged to. Note: if you subsequently delete the reimported run, the original run will be restored.
Reimport NAb Assay Data
A specific scenario in which Neutralizing Antibody runs must be reimported is to apply alternate curve fits to the data
NAb assay data must be deleted before it can be rerun, and the run may consist of multiple files - a metadata and run data file. NAb assay tools do not offer the multi-select general runs grid option outlined above. Instead, each Run Details
page includes a Delete and Reimport
button. The tools remember which file or files were involved in the metadata and run data import.
To reimport a NAb run:
- Navigate to the NAb Assay Runs list.
- Click Run Details for the run to reimport.
- Click Delete and Reimport.
- The previously entered import properties and files will be offered as defaults. Make changes as needed, then click Next and if needed, make other changes.
- Click Save and Finish.