Understanding Column Names
In the flow workspace, statistics column names are of the form "subset:stat". For example, "Lv/L:%P" is used for the "Live Lymphocytes" subset and the "percent of parent" statistic.
Graphs are listed with parentheses and are of the form "subset(x-axis:y-axis)". For example, "4+(SSC-A:<APC-A>)" for the "4+" subset and the "side scatter" and "compensated APC-A" channels. Channel names in angle brackets are compensated.
Customize Your Grid View (Optional)
The columns displayed by default for a dataset are not necessarily the ones you are most interested in, so you can customize which columns are included in the default grid. See Customize Grid Views
for general information about customizing grids.
In this optional tutorial step, we'll show how you might remove one column, add another, and save this as the new default grid. This topic also explains the column naming used in this sample flow workspace.
- From the My Flow Tutorial dashboard, click Analysis in the Flow Analyses web part.
- Click the Name: labkey-demo.xml.
- Select (Grid Views) > Customize Grid.
- In the Selected Fields pane, scroll down and hover over "(<APC-A>)" (if present). Notice that you see a tooltip with more information about the field and the (rename) and (remove) icons are activated.
- Click the to remove the field.
- In the Available Fields pane, open the Statistic node by clicking the and place a checkmark next to L:%P.
- Click Save.
- Confirm that Default grid view for this page is selected, and click Save.
You will now see the new column in the datagrid. Notice that the graph columns listed as "selected" in the grid customizer are not shown as columns. The next step will cover displaying graphs.