|This topic is under construction for the 17.3 release of LabKey Server. For current documentation of this feature, click here.
Administrators can set default Email Notification Settings
for events that occur within the folder. These will apply to users who do not specify their own email preferences.
The following events can trigger email notifications, which can be sent at the time of an event or in digest form. Daily digest notifications are sent at 12:05AM.
- File events (creation, deletion, and metadata changes)
- Message board events
- Report events, such as changes to report content or metadata. For details see Manage Data Views
Note: These default email preference settings apply only to users who have not set personal email preferences. Email delivery to users with custom set preferences will not be affected by changing the default settings. See below for how an administrator can change custom set preferences on behalf of users.
Set Notification Settings
- Navigate to the folder.
- Select (Admin) > Folder > Management.
- Click the Notifications tab.
Folder Default Settings
You can change the default settings for email notifications using the pulldown menus and clicking Update
- Default Setting for Files:
- No Email: Emails are never sent for file events.
- 15 minute digest: An email digest of file events is sent every 15 minutes.
- Daily digest: An email digest of file events is sent every 24 hours at 12:05am.
- Default Setting for Messages:
- No Email: Notifications are never sent when messages are posted.
- All conversations: Email is sent for each message posted to the message board.
- My conversations: (Default). Email is sent for each conversation the user has participated in (started or replied).
- Daily digest of all conversations: An email digest is sent for all conversations.
- Daily digest of my conversations: An email digest is sent including updates for conversations the user participated in.
Below the folder defaults, the User Settings
section includes a table of all users with at least read access to this folder who are eligible to receive notifications by email for message boards and file content events. The current file and message settings for each user are displayed in this table. To edit user notification settings:
- Select one or more users using the checkboxes.
- Click Update User Settings.
- Select either For Files or For Messages.
- In the popup, choose the desired setting from the pulldown, which includes an option to reset the selected users to the folder default setting.
- Click Update Settings for X Users. (X is the number of users you selected).