First we set up the user interface for working with assay data, then add some sample assay data to work with.
Google Chrome is the recommended browser for this step.
Basic Setup Steps
Create an Assay Folder
- In a web browser go to a project or folder where you have administrative privileges and sign in. On a local demo server, you can use the Home project.
- Create a new folder to work in:
- Go to (Admin) > Folder > Management and click Create Subfolder.
- On the Create Folder page, enter the following:
- Name: "Assay Tutorial"
- Folder Type: Assay.
- Click Next.
- On the Users/Permissions page, confirm Inherit from Parent Folder is selected, and click Finish.
- You are now on the main page of the new assay folder. When on other pages in this container, you can return to the home page by clicking the Assay Tutorial link near the top of the page.
Now we will add a file repository to hold the sample assay data you downloaded and unzipped.
- Enter > Page Admin Mode.
- In the lower left corner, select Files from <Select Web Part> and click Add.
- Click Exit Admin Mode.
- Drag and drop the downloaded (and unzipped) directory [LabKeyDemoFiles]/Assay into the target area of the Files web part.
- When the upload is complete, you will see the "Assay" directory listed in the file repository.