First we set up the user interface for working with assay data, then add some sample assay data to work with.
Google Chrome is the recommended browser for this step.
Basic Setup Steps
Create an Assay Folder
- In a web browser go to an available project, such as the Home project, and sign in.
- Create a new folder to work in:
- Go to Admin > Folder > Management and click Create Subfolder.
- On the Create Folder page, enter the following:
- Name: "Assay Tutorial"
- Folder Type: Assay.
- Click Next.
- On the Users/Permissions page, confirm Inherit from Parent Folder is selected, and click Finish.
- You are now on the default tab (Assay Dashboard) of the new assay folder.
Now we will add a file repository to hold the sample assay data you downloaded and unzipped.
- In the lower left corner, click the <Select Web Part> menu, select Files and click Add.
- Drag and drop the downloaded (and unzipped) directory [LabKeyDemoFiles]/Assay into the target area of the Files web part.
- When the upload is complete, you will see the "Assay" directory listed in the file repository.