In this topic, learn how any non-guest Panorama user can customize the notifications they receive. Opt in to notifications when any data is uploaded, or only when the number of outliers in a specified number of files exceeds a custom threshold.
Subscribe to Notifications
Any non-guest user can configure their own subscription to notifications about imports and outliers. An unusual number of outliers or pattern sustained over multiple runs may indicate a problem with an instrument that should be corrected.
To subscribe to notifications:
- Open the (triangle) menu on the QC Summary web part.
- Click Subscribe Outlier Notifications.
- Use the radio buttons to control whether email notifications are sent to you.
- If you select Email me when... you can also specify the threshold for triggering email:
- Number of runs to consider, from 1 to 5. For one run, select most for two runs, select two most, etc.
- Number of outliers per file that will trigger the notification. Valid values from 0 to 999. To be notified of every upload regardless of presence of outliers, enter 0 (zero).
To unsubscribe, reopen the panel, select Do not email with notifications about newly imported data
, and click Save
The notification will be sent immediately following a triggering upload and will have the email subject:
- Panorama QC Outlier Notification - <##> outliers in file <filename> in <containername>
The body of the email will be the table shown in the QC Summary plot
for a single sample file.