Quick Charts provide a quick way to assess your data without deciding first what type of visualization you will use.
Create a Quick Chart
- Navigate to a data grid you wish to visualize.
- Click a column header and select Quick Chart. Depending on the content of the column, LabKey Server makes a best guess at the type and arrangement of chart to use as a starting place. A numeric column in a cohort study, for example, might be quickly charted as a box and whisker plot using cohorts as categories.
- You can then alter and refine the chart in the following ways:
- View Data: Toggle to the data grid, potentially to apply filters to the underlying data. Filters are reflected in the plot upon re-rendering.
- Export: Export the chart as a PDF, PNG, or Script.
- Help: Documentation links.
- Chart Type: Click to open the plot editor. You can change the plot type to any of the following and the options for chart layout settings will update accordingly
- Chart Layout: Click to customize the look and feel of your chart; options available vary based on the chart type. See individual chart type pages for a descriptions of options.
- Save: Click to open the save dialog.