This topic is under construction for the July 2020 release of LabKey Server.
Sample Sets and Data Classes
- Consolidation of UI pages for creating sample sets
- Merging during import to Data Classes; data classes are now indexed for searching
- Sample parents can be deleted
- Sample timeline added to audit logging (docs)
- Datasets, Issues, and Query Metadata use the new field editor UI.
- Add a Responsive Logo to display when browser is too narrow for ordinary logo. (docs)
- The "Settings" tab is now the default when you open the admin console.
- Specimen File Watcher (docs)
- A SAML identity provider can be the default authenticator (docs)
- CAS authentication supports the /logout API. (docs)
- Module loading without server restart (docs)
- Cross-folder query dependency tracing (docs)
- Removal of "Mass Spec Metadata" built in assay type
- Rlabkey version 2.4.0 The update of the Rlabkey client library for R to version 2.4.0 brings several notable changes:
- labkey.experiment.saveBatch includes the batchPropertyList parameter
- labkey.domain.createDesign now has a labkey.domain.createIndices helper and indices parameter
- New methods for managing projects and folders: labkey.security.getContainers, labkey.security.createContainer, labkey.security.deleteContainer, labkey.security.moveContainer
- JS API
- new version numbers
- available on Artifactory
- Proxy Servlets (docs)
- Changes to How JDBC Jars are Distributed - The JDBC jars (jtds.jar, postgresql.jar, mysql.jar) are now versioned and distributed inside the module directories like any other third-party jar, making it unnecessary to copy them to the CATALINA_HOME/lib directory during installation and upgrade. When you upgrade to 20.7, delete these JDBC jars files from CATALINA_HOME/lib to avoid conflicts.
- When building from source, the /optionalModules and /externalModules directories are no longer used. Move all contents from these directories into /server/modules. Note that this change only applies to developers building the server from source; for production servers /externalModules can still be used for deploying modules.
symbol indicates a feature available in a Premium Edition of LabKey Server