|Projects and folders
are used to organize workspaces in LabKey Server. To create a new project or folder, you must have administrative privileges.
Create a New Project
- To create a new project, either:
- Select (Admin) > Site > Create Project, or
- Click the Create Project icon at the bottom of the project menu.
- Enter a Name for your project.
- If you would like to specify an alternate display title, uncheck the Use name as title box and a new box for entering the display title will appear.
- Select a Folder Type, and click Next.
- Choose initial permission settings for the project. You can change these later if necessary. Options:
- My User Only
- Copy from Existing Project: Select this option, then choose the project from the pulldown.
- Click Next.
- Customize Project Settings if desired (see list below), and click Finish.
- You will now be on the home page of your new project.
The look and feel, custom menus, and file roots for a project can be set now or you can accept the defaults and customize them later. For details, see Project Settings
Create a New Folder / Subfolder
- To add a folder to a project, navigate to where you want the subfolder. There are two options:
- Select (Admin) > Folder > Management and click Create Subfolder to create a new (child) folder.
- Or use the Create Folder icon at the bottom of the project and folder menu.
- Provide a Name. By default, the name will also be the folder title.
- If you would like to specify an alternate title, uncheck the Use name as title box and a new box for entering the title will appear.
- Select a Folder Type.
- Select how to determine Users/Permissions in the new folder.
- Click Finish.
Create a Folder from a Template
You can create a new folder based on an already existing template folder, selecting which objects to copy to the new folder.
- Use either method above to create a new folder.
- Provide a Name, and optional alternate title.
- As Folder Type, select the radio button Create from Template Folder:
- From the Choose Template Folder pulldown menu, select an existing folder to use as a template.
- Use checkboxes to select the Folder objects to copy from the template and whether to include subfolders. Note that when using a study folder as a template, the dataset data and specimens are not eligible to be copied to the new folder. To copy datasets and/or specimens, use the study import process.
- Click Next and complete the rest of the wizard as above.