This tutorial covers how to:
- Pass parameters between pages via a URL
- Filter a grid using a received URL parameter
To accomplish this, you will:
- Collect user input from an initial page
- Build a parameterized URL to pass the user's input to a second page.
- Use information packaged in the URL to filter a data grid.
We will use a list of reagents as our sample data, our finished application will filter the list of reagents to those that start with
the user provided value. For example, if the user enters 'tri', the grid will display only those reagents whose name starts with 'tri'.
See a completed version
of what you will build in this tutorial.
To complete this tutorial, you will need:
- Admin or Developer permissions on a LabKey Server installation.
Ask your server admin for access to a folder where you can complete this tutorial, or install a local server on a Windows machine