is a flexible, user-defined table that is defined and managed via the LabKey Server web UI. Lists can be used for a variety of purposes:
- A place to store and edit data entered by users via forms or editable grids
- Defined vocabularies, which can be used to constrain choices during completion of fields in data entry forms
- Simple workflows that incorporate discussions, documents, and states
- Read-only resources that users can search, filter, sort, and export
The design, or schema
, of a list is the set of fields (columns and types) and can be defined in several ways
. Lists can be linked via lookups and joins to draw data from many sources. Lists can be indexed for search, including optional indexing of any attachments added to fields. Populated lists can be exported and imported as archives for easy transfer between development, staging and production folders or servers.
List Web Parts
You need to be an administrator to create and manage lists. You can directly access the list manager by selecting (Admin) > Manage Lists
. To make the set of lists visible to other users, and create a one click shortcut for admins to manage lists, add a Lists
web part to your project or folder.
Lists Web Part
- Enter > Page Admin Mode.
- Choose Lists from the <Select Web Part> pulldown at the bottom of the page.
- Click Add.
List-Single Web Part
To display the contents of a single list, add a List - Single
web part, name it and choose the list and view to display.