Now that you have installed our pre-prepared example study, you are ready to explore its different parts and basic features. If you did not install your own local copy, you can explore some features in our interactive example
Tabs within the study provide convenient groupings of content. Note that if you are viewing a study on a narrower browser, you may see the tabs collapsed into a pulldown menu.
- Overview: The study home page. Displays the title, abstract, a link to the protocol document, and other basic information.
- Participants: Browse individual participant data. Select by cohort or other filter.
- Clinical and Assay Data: The Data Views browser shows datasets, reports, and visualizations.
- Specimen Data: Browse specimen data in the study; a specimen request system may also be enabled here.
- Manage (visible to admins only): A dashboard for setting study properties and other management tasks
The Study Data Tools
web part on the right offers quick links to new charts, participant lists, etc.
The Study Navigator
displays a grid overview of your study datasets over time, providing a convenient jumping-off point to specific perspectives. Each dataset is listed as a row; each timepoint or visit is listed as a column; the cells indicate how much data is available for each dataset for that particular visit. The navigator gives an overview of whether participants are completing visits and can help confirm that the necessary data is being gathered for the purpose of the study.
- Click the Study Navigator link under the graphic in the overview panel.
- Datasets are shown as rows and timepoints as columns.
View Data at a Timepoint
- Click the link at the intersection of the Physical Exam row and the Month 2 column.
- The resulting data grid shows all physical exams conducted in the second month of participation for each participant. "Month 2" is relative to each participant's enrollment date in the study, so the "Month 2" visits fall on different dates for each person.
Notice that the Systolic Blood Pressure
column in this data set makes use of Conditional Formats
to display values configured to be noteworthy in orange and red. To see where that formatting is defined:
- Click Manage in the grid header, then Edit Definition.
- Under Dataset Fields select the Systolic Blood Pressure row.
- In the property configuration panel to the right, click the Format tab to see the conditional formats that are defined.
- Click Cancel to close the editor, and View Data to return to the data grid.
View Data for Individual Participants
- Click one of the id's under the Participant ID column.
- The participant page shows demographic data and a list of datasets available for an individual subject.
- Click the [+] next to 5004: Physical Exam to open details of this dataset for this participant.
- To scroll through the different subjects, click Next Participant and Previous Participant.