This topic is under construction for the 17.3 release of LabKey Server. For current documentation of this feature, click here.
This topic covers the basics of navigating LabKey projects and folders on your LabKey site as a user without administrator permissions. If you do not already have an account to explore, contact your administrator, or you can install a local demo version on a windows machine
The project menu is on the left end of the menu bar and includes the display name of the current project.
In the upper right, icon menus offer:
- (Search): Click to open a site-wide search box
- (User): Login and security options; context-sensitive help.
- (Admin): Shown only to Admins: Administrative options available to users granted such access.
Project and Folder Menu
Hover over the project menu
to see the available projects and folders within them. Note that only projects and folders to which you have at least "Read" access are shown.
Any project or folder with subfolders will show
buttons for expanding and contracting the list shown. The menu will scroll when there are enough items, and the current location will be visible and expanded by default.
- (Permalink URL): Click for a permalink to the current location.
- Administrators have additional options shown in the bottom row of this menu.
Click the name of any project or folder in the menu to navigate to that location. When you are in a folder or subfolder, you will see a "breadcrumb" path at the top of the projects menu, making it easy to step back up one or more levels.
Notice that from within a folder or subfolder, the project menu still displays the name of the project. A link with the Folder Name
is shown next to the title offering easy one click return to the main page of the folder.
Context Sensitive Help
Click the (User)
icon in the upper right to open the user menu. Options for help include:
- Support: Opens the discussion forums where you can search for an already-answered question or ask your own.
- LabKey Documentation: Opens the relevant documentation for the page you are currently viewing, or the default main LabKey documentation page.