This topic is under construction for the July 2020 release of LabKey Server. For current documentation of this feature, click here.
Collaboration within teams and between organizations is key to modern integrated research. LabKey Server is specifically designed to make working together easy and secure.
- Basic tools like message boards, issue trackers, and wiki documents let users communicate on highly customized and centralized web pages.
- Role and group based security ensures that the right people can see and change information, and makes access easy to administer.
- Whatever your organization's workflow, you can design tools within LabKey to improve collaboration.
Get Started with Collaboration Tools
To learn to use the collaboration tools, use the following topics. You do not need to complete them all or follow them in this order.
Learn with a LabKey Server Trial
The easiest way to learn to use the tools is with a hosted trial version of LabKey Server
. You can explore tools that are already created for you in the pre-loaded example project.
- Exploring LabKey Collaboration: Complete the "Tour" and "Try It Now" sections to learn to use message boards, issue trackers, and wikis.
- Use a File Browser: The "Laboratory Data" example folder includes a file browser.
- Exploring LabKey Security: Learn about group and role based security on your trial server.
- You can complete all of the topics in the following section as well if you want to learn to create these tools yourself.
More Tutorial Topics
Learn to create the tools yourself using a hosted trial, or a local or on-premise server where it is appropriate for you to create tutorial projects: