This topic shows how to register a new molecule using the graphical user interface. To register using the API, or to bulk import molecules from an Excel spreadsheet, see Use the Registry API
To add a new molecule to the registry:
- From the header bar, select Registry > Molecules.
- On the Molecules page, click Insert New.
- On the Register a new Molecule page, in the Add details panel, enter the following:
- Description: (Optional) A text description of the molecule.
- Alias: (Optional) Alternative names for the molecule.
- Molecule Parents: (Optional) Parent molecules for the new molecule.
- On the Select components panel, search and select existing components of the new molecule.
- Using the appropriate radio button, search for the component of interest. You will see a details preview panel prior to adding the component.
- Once you have added a component, it will be shown as a panel (with the appropriate icon). Click the (right-chevron) to expand (the colors will reverse and chevron will point down to indicate an expanded panel).
LabKey Biologics will attempt to classify the structure format of the molecule's protein components, if possible. The structure format is based on the component protein chain formats.
On the Stoichiometry pane enter:
- Stoichiometry from each component
- S-S bonds
- Structure Format: Select a format from the pulldown list. The list is populated from the StructureFormat table.
A warning will be displayed if no antibody regions are detected by the system.
On the Confirm pane, click Finish
to add the molecule to the registry.
The new molecule will be added to the grid.