Assay Data Dashboards
LabKey Biologics offers a number of different views on assay data in the system.
The main page of the Assays tab shows a heat map, with the available assays types as rows and the last twelve months as columns. Color density indicates the amount of assay data that has been entered into the system.
Clicking a cell in the heat map navigates to the data for the given assay type and month.
Each assay type has four tabs, showing various scopes of the data:
- Overview - Displays the name and description for the assay.
- Batches - Displays batch-level metadata about the assay results. Batches are the widest grouping of the data, presenting the broadest view of the data. Each batch generally groups together multiple runs (or files) of data.
- Runs - Displays run-level metadata about the assay results. Runs are the mid-level grouping of the data, standing between the batches and the result data. Each run generally represents one file of data.
- Results - Displays the result data of the assay, showing the data output of the instrument.
On assay data grids, any visualizations that have been added to the assay, can be seen by clicking the Charts
button. If the Charts button is grey-out, then no visualizations have been associated with the current assay. (Administrators can add charts to an assay, as detailed in the topic: Biologics Admin: Charts and Custom Grids
Custom grid views are available by clicking the Grid Views
button. (Administrators can add custom data grids to an assay, as detailed in the topic: Biologics Admin: Charts and Custom Grids
Assay Quality Control
Visibility of assay data in Biologics can be controlled by setting quality control states. To configure the available QC states in the system, administrators should see the following topic: Assay QC States - Admin Guide
Once QC states have been configured in the system, users (with the appropriate roles) can assign those states to assay run data. Users can update QC states in the following cases:
- when a user has both Reader and QC Analyst roles
- when a user has either Folder, Project, or Site Admin roles
To assign QC states: