Managing the contents of your freezers and other storage is an essential component of sample management in a biologics research lab. There are endless ways to organize your sample materials, in a wide variety of freezers on the market. With LabKey Freezer Management
, create an exact virtual match of your physical storage system, whether temperature-controlled or not, and then track where each sample can be found.
- Match your digital storage to your physical storage.
- Represent your exact physical storage system, with shelves, racks, boxes, canes, bags, plates, etc.
- Track available capacity across systems, helping you decide where to store new samples.
- Answer questions about overall volume of samples by type and source; i.e. is there enough material from experiment A to complete the series of assays I want to run.
- Find specific samples and know if they are available.
- Assign samples to storage locations in groups of any size you need, including across multiple locations.
- Move samples as needed and track each location change, including updating freeze/thaw counts when appropriate and tracking amounts used.
- Control which users can perform these actions using Storage Roles.
Learn more about creating, customizing, and using storage in the Sample Manager documentation here: