This topic is under construction for the 22.7 (July 2022) release of LabKey Server, LabKey Biologics LIMS, and LabKey Sample Manager. For current documentation of this feature, click here.
Use integrated and data-aware Electronic Lab Notebooks
for documenting your experiments in both the Biologics LIMS and Sample Manager applications. These electronic lab notebooks have direct access to the data you are storing and are a secure way to protect intellectual property as you develop biotherapies or perform other scientific research.
from the main menu within Biologics LIMS or Sample Manager.
On the dashboard, you will see summary cards for your most recently viewed notebooks, a summary of actions for you, and many ways to filter and find specific notebooks of interest. By default the All Notebooks
section is filtered to show the notebooks where you are an author.
Learn more in this topic: Notebook Dashboard
To enable or disable email notifications, select Settings
from the user menu. Use the checkbox to subscribe:
- Send me notifications when notebooks I am part of are submitted, approved, or have changes requested
When subscribed, you will receive email when notebooks you author are submitted, rejected, or approved. You will also receive a notification when you are assigned as a reviewer of someone else's notebook.
Emails sent will provide detail about the nature of the notification:
- When a user starts a thread on a notebook:
- The email subject field will follow the pattern: <USERNAME> commented in <NOTEBOOK NAME>: "<FIRST FIVE WORDS>..."
- Recipients include: notebook author(s)
- The thread author will not be in the notification list. If the thread author happens to be the same as the notebook author, this author will not get an email notification.
- When a user comments on a thread:
- The email subject field will follow the pattern: <USERNAME> replied in <NOTEBOOK NAME> on thread: "<FIRST FIVE WORDS OF ORIGINAL THREAD> ..."
- Recipients include: notebook author(s) and the person who started the initial thread.
- The current commentator shall not be in the notification list. If the commentator happens to be the same as the notebook author, this person will not get an email notification.
- If a user's Messages setting at the folder level is set to "Daily digest of my conversations", then:
- The individual email subject headers within the digest will follow the pattern: "<USERNAME> commented [...]" as specified above.
- The subject-line of the digest email itself will not include comment details.
- A notification will be included in a user's digest if they have participated in the thread, if they are on the notify list, or if they are among the authors of a notebook that has been commented on.
Learn more and see a preview of the ELN product by viewing the recording of the second day of the LabKey User Conference, starting around the 29 minute mark: