is a user-defined table that can be used for a variety of purposes:
- As a data analysis tool for spreadsheet data and other tabular-format files, such as TSVs and CSVs.
- As a place to store and edit data entered by users via forms or editable grids
- To define vocabularies, which can be used to constrain choices during completion of fields in data entry forms
- As read-only resources that users can search, filter, sort, and export
The design, or schema
, of a list is the set of fields (columns and types), including the identification of the primary key. Lists can be linked via lookups and joins to draw data from many sources. Lists can be indexed for search, including optional indexing of any attachments added to fields. Populated lists can be exported and imported as archives for easy transfer between folders or servers.
List Web Parts
You need to be an administrator to create and manage lists. You can directly access the list manager by selecting (Admin) > Manage Lists
. To make the set of lists visible to other users, and create a one click shortcut for admins to manage lists, add a Lists
web part to your project or folder.
Lists Web Part
- Enter > Page Admin Mode.
- Choose Lists from the <Select Web Part> pulldown at the bottom of the page.
- Click Add.
List-Single Web Part
To display the contents of a single list, add a List - Single
web part, name it and choose the list and view to display.