Manage an Existing Assay Design
Open the list of currently defined assays by navigating to the Assay List
web part or by selecting Admin > Manage Assays
. Click on the name of any assay to open the runs page. The Manage Assay Design
menu provides the following options:
- Edit the assay design. - Add, delete, or change properties or structure. Note that all current users of the assay design, including those in subfolders, will be impacted by these changes.
- Copy the assay design. - This option lets you create a new assay design based on design of the current assay, but not affecting the original design or its users.
- Delete the assay design.
- Export the assay design to a XAR file.
- Set default values. - See below.
Set Default Values
An assay design can directly specify defaults for properties using the property fields editor
. The assay design may be then be inherited in subfolders, which may override these parent defauts if needed using the Set Default Values
option. These folder defaults will in turn be inherited by sub-folders that do not specify their own defaults.
You can set defaults for:
- Batch fields
- Run fields
- Properties specific to the assay type. For example, for an Luminex assay, additional items would include "analyte" and "Excel run file" properties.