This topic is under construction for the 22.7 (July 2022) release of LabKey Server. For current documentation of this feature, click here.
Using the Notebooks
dashboard, you can track multiple simultaneous notebooks in progress and interactions among teams where users both author their own work and review notebooks created by others.
On the dashboard, you will see:
- Your Recently Accessed: Summary cards for your most recently viewed notebooks. Click any card to see the full notebook.
- For You: A summary of actions for you, with alert-coloring and the number of notebooks you have:
- Overdue, waiting for you
- Returned to you for changes
- Awaiting your review
- Submitted by you for review
- Filter Notebooks: Use many ways to filter and find specific notebooks of interest.
- All Notebooks: All notebooks in the system, with any filters you apply narrowing the list.
- By default, this list is filtered to focus on your own notebooks.
- If you have not authored any notebooks, you'll see an alert and be able to click to clear the filter.
There are many ways you can filter notebooks to find what you need:
- Title, Description, or ID: Type to search for any word or partial word or ID that appears. When you enter the value, the list of notebooks will be searched. Add additional searches as needed; remove existing ones by clicking the 'x' in the lozenge for each.
- Created: Enter the 'after' or 'before' date to find notebooks by creation date.
- Authors: Type ahead to find authors. Click to select. Add additional authors as needed to search; remove a filter by clicking the 'x' in the lozenge.
- Reviewers: Type ahead to find reviewers. Click to select. Add additional reviewers to the filter as needed; remove a filter by clicking the 'x' in the lozenge.
- Review Deadline: Enter the 'after' or 'before' date to find notebooks by review deadline.
- Projects: Type ahead to narrow the list of projects. Click to select. Add additional projects to the filter as needed; remove a filter by clicking the 'x' in the lozenge.
- Status: Check one or more boxes to show notebooks by status:
- Any status
- In progress
- Returned for changes
All Notebooks Listing
The main array of notebooks on the page can be shown in either the List View
or Grid View
. You'll see all the notebooks in the system, with any filters you have applied
. By default this list is filtered to show notebooks you have authored (if any).Sort
Switch to the Grid View
to see details sorted and filtered by your choices.