This topic has been updated for the 22.9 (September 2022) release of LabKey ELN. For the previous version of this documentation, click here.
— Available in LabKey Biologics LIMS and the Professional Edition of Sample Manager. Learn more
or contact LabKey
Using the Notebooks
dashboard, you can track multiple simultaneous notebooks in progress and interactions among teams where users both author their own work and review notebooks created by others.
On the dashboard, you will see:
- Your Recently Accessed: Summary cards for your most recently viewed notebooks. Click any card to see the full notebook.
- For You: A summary of actions for you, with alert-coloring and the number of notebooks you have in each group. Click the link to see the
- Your in progress notebooks
- Overdue, waiting for you
- Returned to you for changes
- Awaiting your review
- Submitted by you for review
- Filter Notebooks: Use many ways to filter and find specific notebooks of interest.
- All Notebooks: All notebooks in the system, with any filters you apply narrowing the list.
- By default, this list is filtered to focus on your own notebooks.
- If you have not authored any notebooks, you'll see an alert and be able to click to clear the filter to see others' notebooks.
Find and Filter Notebooks
There are many ways you can filter notebooks to find what you need:
- Title, Description, or ID: Type to search for any word or partial word or ID that appears. When you enter the value, the list of notebooks will be searched. Add additional searches as needed; remove existing ones by clicking the 'x' in the lozenge for each.
- Contains Reference To: Click to select the kind of entity you want, then expand for specific types, then specific entities. Once within a specific entity type, you will see a list of recently added entities of that type and can type in the search box to find any specific entity of that type.
- Created: Enter the 'after' or 'before' date to find notebooks by creation date.
- Authors: Type ahead to find authors. Click to select.
- By default the notebook listing will be filtered to show notebooks where you are an author.
- Add additional authors as needed to find the desired notebook(s).
- Remove a filter by clicking the 'x' in the lozenge.
- Reviewers: Type ahead to find reviewers. Click to select. Add additional reviewers to the filter as needed; remove a filter by clicking the 'x' in the lozenge.
- Review Deadline: Enter the 'after' or 'before' date to find notebooks by review deadline.
- Tags: (Only available in LabKey Biologics) Type ahead to narrow the list of tags. Click to select. Add additional tags to the filter as needed; remove a filter by clicking the 'x' in the lozenge.
- Status: Check one or more boxes to show notebooks by status:
- Any status
- In progress
- Returned for changes
Hover over existing filters or categories to reveal an 'X' for deleting individual filter elements, or click 'Clear' to delete all in a category.
All Notebooks Listing
The main array of notebooks on the page can be shown in either the List View
or Grid View
. You'll see all the notebooks in the system, with any filters you have applied
. By default this list is filtered to show notebooks you have authored (if any).Sort
Switch to the Grid View
to see details sorted and filtered by your choices.