Specimen repositories cannot be deleted from the standard user interface. Specimen records can only be deleted from a repository directly from the base query named "SpecimenDetail". Before you delete specimen records, you must ensure that the repository is an "Advanced" repository with editable records. These procedures are detailed below.
To delete a specimen repository, follow these steps:
- In the study folder, click the Manage tab.
- In the section Specimen Repository Settings, click Change Repository Type.
- Select Advanced (External) Specimen Repository.
- In the section Specimen Data, select Editable, and click the link Specimen Detail.
- On the Specimen Detail grid, select the records to delete. You may select all records using the checkbox at the top of the grid view.
- Click Delete.